Saturday, August 9, 2014

Craigslist Scammers Phone 574-400-5887

574-400-5887 (Overpaid for Funiture)

Report# A14373

Reported on: Thursday, 07 August, 2014  14:56
Updated On: Thursday, 07 August, 2014  14:57
Reply to(Not Shown) 
Selling a Living Room set for $250. within 1 hour of it being posted on Craigslist, I received a text
from 574-400-5887...saying he wanted it. He would Overnight a Check to me for More than the $250 so I "could pay the Movers" Even though I "Know Better" I said 'sure' , I'll pay the movers Cash when they get here. He just said "when the check clears the bank, I'll send you the Movers contact information". Therefore, he Overnighted the check, sent me a "tracking number" that was all legit, then he kept 'hounding me' by texting did you get it? you should have gotten the check by now!

He said he name was: "Tim Morgan"

Text him when I did receive the ck it was for 8 times the amount of my Living room set....he again hounded me to 'hurry up and Deposit it' at that point I text him back saying Wow that's a Lot of $$ he replied "oh I have other stuff the movers have to pick up in the area" I thought it made sense ...I am very trusting....So I deposited it. Again he text me 'Did you deposit it yet???"
Yes, then he wanted to know when it would 'clear'..Well, I finally got Suspicious, so I did a search for his phone # 574-400-5887 and "look at that....He's a scammer!!" I called my bank immediately, they made a note in my file that I believed it was bad check..and I had the bank move my own money to my Savings account (since I have Overdraft protection)...But they Assured me that the Scammer Could Not get my Checking acct info.

Evidently, the check 'clears' the first time (and it did clear my bank) but here's where they make their money and scam you ...Is you do what they want you to do...evidently a person 'thinks' they have the deposited amount in their acct, and they "Pay" the mover somehow ...and they the Check 1-2 Weeks later it is discovered by the bank that it is a Fraudulent check and you are responsible for any of the money you 'took out'..That's Why they want you to 'work Quickly'

Well, I didn't fall for that....He kept texting me ..."oh, the check Must have cleared by now" Let me know...I give you the movers info"...I didn't answer...then he called me 4 times ...I did not
answer....then an Hour later I text him a message saying that I believed he was a Scammer...he had the nerve to write back and told me "I wasted His time"!! Funny, no mention about the money....which, of course I am Not touching...because I know that it is fake!!!!
Funny, he Never mentioned the Money he sent me....Well, 2 Days later it Was Out of my Account
(and glad it was), But, another 2 days and then My Bank charged me with a $20. Return Ck Fee!
I immediately called and told them I had reported it as a Scam to the bank a few days prior and they Refunded my $20.
I want to know how to report these jerks to the Authorities! At least I did Not Lose any of My Money!
I still have All the Text messages from 574-400-5887!

No comments:

Post a Comment